Emory D. Estes Endowed Scholarship
College of Liberal Arts – English The Emory D. Estes Endowment funds scholarships for students who meet the following criteria:
• Should be either an undergraduate senior who in the following year will be enrolled in the UTA English Dept. M.A. program or a current M.A. graduate student in the UTA Dept. of English enrolled in the first 12 hours of graduate coursework
• Have at least 9 hours of advanced (3000/4000 level) undergraduate course work in UT Arlington’s English program and enrolled full time.
• A minimum GPA of 3.5
• Preference will be given to students majoring in literature
Need to upload:
• A statement, of no more than one page, outlining your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree in English and your academic goals for the future.
• An essay of at least ten pages in length demonstrating your proficiency in a field of English Studies. The essay may be one previously submitted for an undergraduate or graduate class.
• Three letters of reference, from English professors in the graduate program at UT Arlington.
• Unofficial transcript