Terry Scholars TRANSFER Scholarship
The Terry Transfer Scholarship is awarded to non-traditional students who are transferring from a Texas community college or university and are working toward their first baccalaureate degree. All Terry Scholars show a potential for academic excellence, demonstrated leadership, and demonstrated financial need.
To be considered for the Terry Scholarship as an incoming transfer, a student must:
- Have a record of leadership.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need (Annual family income of less than $100,000 – subject to case-by-case review).
- Have strong academic abilities, as evidenced by grades (minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA) from your current institution.
- A minimum of 30 transferable hours to UTA at the time of application. The 30 hours must be post high school credit – dual credit or credit by exam does not count towards the required 30 hours.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA-eligibility for need based aid is not a requirement to receive the scholarship).
- Be a continuous resident of Texas for at least 3 years.
- Be 20 years of age or older on May 1, 2019.
- Be admitted for Summer or Fall semester, full-time, for the purpose of completing an initial baccalaureate degree. Sorry, second baccalaureate students cannot be considered.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Application Summary and Deadlines
- Apply for admission to UTA as a full-time student for 2019-2020 no later than April 1,2019. This date is a target date so that you will be admitted before applications are reviewed. Anyone not admitted to the University by the time applications are reviewed cannot be considered.
- Submit you completed Terry Scholars application by Thursday, April 16, 2019.
Following review of all completed applications received, UT Arlington will nominate students for interviews with the Terry Foundation. Please know that UTA serves as a nominating body only; all final decisions regarding scholarship awards are made by the Terry Foundation. Additional information about the Terry Foundation Scholarship is available at www.terryfoundation.org.
Submitting Your Application
Submit your completed application, the names and contact information for the two individuals who are willing to provide a letter of recommendation for you, online through Mav ScholarShop. The link can be found online at www.uta.edu/terryscholars
Contact Student Success Programs by emailing email@example.com.