Evelyn Anita Sawyer Ray Endowed Scholarship in English
College of Liberal Arts – English The Evelyn Anita Sawyer Ray Endowed Scholarship in English funds scholarship awards to returning students who are majoring in English. Preference will be given to a returning undergraduate student described as a student who attended college after high school (or within a year of finishing high school) but had to withdraw from college because of unforeseen circumstances, and decided to return on a full or part time basis later in life (at least 1 year after withdrawing).
• returning student with a declared English major
• at least six hours in upper-level English courses
• overall GPA of 3.5
Need to upload:
• A statement, of no more than one page, outlining your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree in English and your goals for the future.
• An essay of at least six pages in length demonstrating your proficiency in a field of English Studies. The essay may be one previously submitted for an undergraduate English class
• Three letters of reference, from English professors who have taught you at UT Arlington.
• Unofficial transcript