Department of Modern Languages Endowed Scholarship
College of Liberal Arts – Modern Languages The Modern Languages Endowed Scholarship was established by a bequest from Mateo Vargas in 1992. The award(s) is/are intended for undergraduate students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in a Modern Language at the University of Texas at Arlington. The award is to be used in the fall and spring semester. One (1) faculty letter of recommendation; an unofficial copy of your transcript; a copy of your Financial Aid Statement if receiving financial aid; a two-page essay addressing your appreciation for the study of foreign languages and/or your intentions to utilize your knowledge of a foreign language to positively impact our world.
- $100 - $500
- College of Liberal Arts - Modern Languages
- Supplemental Questions
- Will you be enrolled full time taking a minimum of 12 semester credit hours at the 3000/4000 level at UTA next semester?
- Letter of Support from Instructor
- Please list language courses completed at UTA and corresponding final course grades.
- What is your GPA in Language Courses?
- Please submit an unofficial transcript.
- Please submit a copy of your Financial Aid Statement, if applicable.
- Submit name and email address of a faculty member in the Department of Modern Language from whom you have requested a reference.
- Please submit a two-page essay addressing your appreciation for the study of foreign languages and/or your intentions to utilize your knowledge of a foreign language to positively impact our world.
- Show 3 more