Neva McMurry Riedel Undergraduate Scholarship in Journalism
This scholarship was established to honor the memory of Neva McMurray Riedel, a student of journalism at the University of Texas. Mrs. Riedel’s sister became aware of the excellence of the journalism program at UTA, and in 1987 created this annual award to recognize an outstanding journalism student.
- Applicants must be a journalism major at UTA,
- have earned at least 60 hours of college credit completed by end of spring semester
- completed at least 15 hours of UTA college credit by the end of spring semester
- provide evidence of commitment to pursue a career in print journalism,
- provide evidence of financial need,
- have an excellent academic record, and
- must maintain full-time status for the fall semester.
In order to apply, you must submit the following:
- statement of career goals and financial need
- evidence of journalistic ability/experience (i.e. clips, outstanding class work, etc)
- an unofficial transcript