Mary Lou Bond Fellowship
Friends and colleagues of Mary Lou Bond have established a Fellowship Endowment Award for selected students in the University of Texas at Arlington PhD in Nursing Program to provide support for their dissertation research.
The amount awarded shall be based on available funds. It is intended that a doctoral candidate may receive only one award. The award is not renewable.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be enrolled in the UT Arlington College of Nursing and Health Innovation (CONHI) PhD Program
- Must have completed all course work for the doctoral degree, be admitted to candidacy, and be ready to initiate their dissertation research
Students who have met the above requirements will be given additional preference for the following:
- Doctoral candidate from an underrepresented minority group
- Intend to pursue a career focusing on improving the health care of Hispanics
- Are the first in the family to achieve a graduate degree
- Have previous work experience with underrepresented and/or vulnerable population
The research proposal packet must include:
I. Completed application
II. Proposal application signed by dissertation chair
III. Research grant agreement signed by applicant
IV. Research Proposal (see required elements and guidelines)
V. Budget- one-page itemized budget with narrative that includes the rationale for each expense
VI. Curriculum vita of PhD candidate
The award(s) will be selected by an advisory committee consisting of CONHI faculty appointed by the Program Director and/or Associate Chair. Selection will be based on the quality of the proposed research projects and importance to nursing practice and education.
Fellowship application should be submitted to Scholarshop after your dissertation proposal has been approved by your committee.
- College of Nursing
- Supplemental Questions
- Title of Research
- Are you enrolled in the UTA College of Nursing and Health Innovation PhD program?
- Have you completed all course work for the doctoral degree, been admitted to candidacy, and are ready to initiate dissertation research? (Please explain)
- Are you a doctoral candidate from an underrepresented minority group?
- Do you intend to pursue a nursing role focusing on improving the health care of Hispanics?
- Are you the first in your family to achieve a graduate degree?
- Do you have previous work experience with an underrepresented and/or vulnerable population?
- Describe how this financial assistance would be helpful to you to continue your study and successfully complete your dissertation. Please include your plans for conducting research for your dissertation (needs for conference expenses, living expenses, and research expenses, etc).
- RESEARCH PROPOSAL PACKET (the following items must be uploaded as a single pdf file)
- Upon funding of submitted proposal, I agree to:
- 1. Accept responsibility for the scientific conduct of the study.
- 2. Expend the funds as described in the proposal.
- 3. Submit an updated abstract when the study is complete.
- 4. Acknowledge the grant support of Bond Fellowship Award in the publication or presentation of the research findings.
- Please enter the name of the Dissertation Chair who will review your proposal.
- Show 6 more