Nancy L. and Edward S. Overman Fellowship
Established to honor Dr. Edward Overman, the first director of the Institute for Urban Studies. Scholarships will support full time students pursuing a Master’s Degree within the College of Architecture, Planning and Public Affairs’ (CAPPA) Department of Public Affairs. Preference will be given to students working within the CAPPA Institute of Urban Studies. Scholarship recipients may reapply for one subsequent year, provided they remain in good standing at the University. Reapplying students will be given priority over new applicants. No student can hold this scholarship for more than two years.
INCLUDED IN THE CRITERIA FOR AWARDING THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS “DEMONSTRATED FINANCIAL NEED" WHICH REQUIRES THE COMPLETION OF THE FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA). IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THIS FORM, PLEASE GO TO http://www.uta.edu/fao/ FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE.
- College of Architecture, Planning and Public Affairs
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a short essay regarding career goals, your work in the Institute of Urban Studies and the importance of a CAPPA degree in fulfilling those goals.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an educator, mentor, supervisor, and/or community leader who can attest to the candidate’s leadership abilities and involvement in leadership related activities. You can upload the document here.
- Are you a current student working for the CAPPA Institute of Urban Studies?
- Please describe your financial need for a CAPPA scholarship.