College of Education Become A Teacher Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: $2,500 (disbursed at $1,250 in the fall and $1,250 in the spring semesters)
New, full-time undergraduate students who are “Education Intended” in one of the following teacher education programs, regardless of financial need or citizenship status (beginning coursework this coming fall):
- Bachelor of Arts in Education with EC-6 Bilingual Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Arts in Education with EC-6 ESL Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Arts in Education with 4-8 Middle-Level English Language Arts/Social Studies Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Education with 4-8 Middle-Level Math/Science Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Education with EC-12 Special Education and EC-6 Core Subjects Teacher Certification
To qualify for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be admitted to UTA as an Education-Intended student
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 2.80 or better
- Enroll full-time (minimum of 12 hours)
- Have no reported professional disposition digressions
- Be committed to completing their teacher certification at UTA
- Meet each semester with a designated faculty member in the College of Education (within the first academic year)
- Submit a scholarship application along with a brief written response (paragraph minimum) to the following two questions:
Why do you want to be a teacher?
What life activities or experiences have prepared you to become an effective teacher?
Award will be approved for disbursement once the awardee meets with a College of Education advisor and confirms commitment to completing a teacher certification program.
*Some students may be eligible to receive a TEACH Grant. For more information, see https://www.uta.edu/coed/scholarships/teach-grant.php