Wier & Associates Endowed Scholarship for Civil Engineering
College of Engineering – Civil Engineering. The Wier & Associates Endowed Scholarship for Civil Engineering honors outstanding juniors who have expressed a sincere interest in pursuing completion of a major in civil engineering at UT Arlington. Recipients must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA overall, with 3.0 in Civil Engineering curriculum. Recipients must maintain full-time status during the semester or risk forfeiture of the scholarship award. Applicants must submit no less than one letter of recommendation, being a character reference from a non-family member or preferably one letter from a past or current employer. Preference will be given to US citizens or permanent residents, students having graduated from a high school program in Texas and students planning to begin their professional career after graduation in a DFW metroplex general-civil Consulting Engineering firm focused on providing services to municipal and land development clients, and students willing to participate in professional development activities.
- College of Engineering - Civil Engineering
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide the name and email address of an employer who will supply a recommendation letter. Have them state how long and how they have known you.
- Please provide the name and email address of a teacher/faculty member who will supply a recommendation letter.
- Provide a name and email address of a character reference letter from a person who knows you but is not an immediate family member. Have them state how long and how they have known you.
- Please list any extracurricular and professional development activities you are currently participating in. Please indicate membership in student organizations and whether you have been an officer.
- What type of civil engineering company or agency are you planning to begin your professional career with after graduation? Will it likely be in the DFW metroplex?
- Which US city and state or foreign country did you graduate high school from?
- Show 1 more