Ballenger Family Scholarship
The Ballenger family has established a $1,200 scholarship for current active Honors College students majoring in a bachelor’s degree program housed within the College of Business who demonstrate financial need. This scholarship is not renewable.
Eligibility Requirements: Full-time active College of Business Honors students who are making sufficient progress toward their Honors degree (generally, this equates to at least 6 hours per academic year); 3.2 cumulative GPA
Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered or reviewed.
- Honors College
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your major within the College of Business?
- Please submit an essay briefly discussing your academic and career goals AND detailing your family and personal need for financial assistance. The essay should be single-spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman font, and no more than 1 page in length. **DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THIS DOCUMENT!**
- Do you plan to apply for financial aid (by submitting a FAFSA) for 2023-2024?
- Please upload your résumé (2-page maximum). It should include your employment, community service, involvement on and off campus, and any honors/awards. Also note any positions of leadership. Please do NOT list your class schedule or professional references. **DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THIS DOCUMENT!**
- A letter of recommendation from a UTA faculty member (not e.g. teaching/graduate assistants) is needed to complete this application. Please provide the name and email of your UTA faculty reference and we will reach out to them to request the letter of recommendation.