College of Education DEAN’S Undergraduate Teacher Education Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: $5,000 annually (divided equally between fall and spring semester), renewable for 3 additional years
Available to: New, full-time undergraduate students in one of the following teacher education programs, regardless of financial need or citizenship status (beginning coursework this coming fall):
- Bachelor of Arts in Education with EC-6 Bilingual Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Arts in Education with EC-6 ESL Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Arts in Education with 4-8 Middle-Level English Language Arts/Social Studies Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Education with 4-8 Middle-Level Math/Science Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Education with EC-12 Special Education and EC-6 Core Subjects Teacher Certification
Applicant(s) will be selected for this competitive scholarship based upon the following:
- High School GPA
- Articulated desire to complete a teacher certification program at UTA.
Students awarded this scholarship will:
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.8 or better
- Have no reported professional disposition digressions
- Commit to enroll in and complete their teacher certification program at UTA
- Submit one professional or academic letter of reference
- Submit a scholarship application along with a brief written response (paragraph minimum) to the following:
Describe the moment you realized that you wanted to be a teacher.
What life activities or experiences have prepared you to become an effective teacher?
For annual renewal of this scholarship, awardees must:
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester with a College of Education program (as listed previously)
- Remain in the teacher education program
- Maintain a 3.0 or better GPA in all coursework
- Meet each semester with a designated faculty member in the College of Education
This award will be approved for disbursement once the awardee meets with a College of Education advisor and confirms commitment to completing a teacher certification program.
*Some students may be eligible to receive a TEACH Grant. For more information, see https://www.uta.edu/coed/scholarships/teach-grant.php