Kay Jones Honors College Nursing Scholarship
College of Nursing, Honors College Eligibility Requirements: Full-time active Honors students who are making sufficient progress toward their Honors degree (generally, this equates to at least 6 hours per academic year); Junior-level active Honors Nursing student during the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded; student must be in good standing in Nursing and in the Honors College; 3.25 cumulative GPA with particular emphasis upon coursework related to Nursing. Award amount: $1,000 for one year. This scholarship is not renewable.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
- Honors College
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an educator, mentor, supervisor, and/or community leader who can attest to the candidate’s academic achievements and/or character. You can upload the document here or you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How many total Honors hours have you COMPLETED?
- How many Honors hours are you currently enrolled in/contracting?
- Do you intend to finish the Honors degree requirements, including the Senior Project?
- In which semester do you intend to complete your Honors Senior Project (i.e. Spring 2023, Fall 2024, etc.)?
- Do you plan to apply for financial aid (by submitting a FAFSA) for 2023-2024?
- List all scholarships, grants, and fellowships you have been awarded for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- List any additional sources of funding (e.g. parents, work, loans, etc.) that will be applied toward funding your education and the approximate amount for each one.
- Please upload your résumé (2-page maximum). It should include your employment, community service, involvement on and off campus, and any honors/awards. Also note any positions of leadership. Please do NOT list your class schedule or professional references. **DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THIS DOCUMENT!**
- A letter of recommendation from a UTA faculty member (not e.g. teaching/graduate assistants) is needed to complete this application. Please provide the name and email of your UTA faculty reference and we will reach out to them to request the letter of recommendation.
- Please submit a 1-page single-spaced essay (12 pt font, Times New Roman) discussing your academic, personal, and professional goals. If you are in the Honors College, explain why you should be considered for an Honors College scholarship, specifically. Please mention any involvement you have had in the Honors College and how you have benefited from being an Honors student. **DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THIS DOCUMENT!**
- Show 6 more