College of Liberal Arts Endowed Scholarship Fund
College of Liberal Arts. The Liberal Arts Endowed Scholarship Fund was established to award scholarships to deserving and academically promising Liberal Arts majors . To qualify, students must meet the following criteria:
- A major in a bachelors degree in the College of Liberal Arts
- A minimum GPA of 3.50 or higher when the application is made and the award granted
- At least 60 total hours and 30 hours at UTA at the beginning of the award semester
- Financial need demonstrated by FAFSA qualifications
The selection and award process will be administered by the Dean of Liberal Arts, who will appoint a committee of at least three faculty members who will review the applications and make recommendations to the Dean. Students will submit:
- An essay that discusses experiences and goals,
- A resume or vita that lists achievements, organizations, extracurricular participation and or volunteer activities,
- The names and email addresses of 2 faculty members who will write letters of recommendation.
- College of Liberal Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please enter the name and email address of a faculty member who will write a letter of recommendation for you. He/she will be contacted, but you should personally ask her/him to write the letter.
- Please supply the name and email address of a second faculty member who will write a letter of recommendation for you.
- Please write a brief essay describing your experiences both within and outside the university and explain how they have influenced your goals and aspirations.
- List school, work or community activities in which you have been an active participant. Include honors and scholarships that you have received.
- Please indicate that UTA is allowed to share your UTA classification (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, post- baccalaureate), GPA, mailing address, and progress towards graduation or other requirement with the funder of the scholarship.
- I understand that I may be contacted by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations to edit my thank you letter or photograph before sending it to the donor.
- Please write a brief description of your financial need.
- Show 2 more