UTA Thornton Success Scholarship
The University of Texas at Arlington is expanding its ongoing commitment to students and families by ensuring an additional investment of $25 million in scholarships over the next five years, beginning with the fall 2021 term. In the second year of this commitment, The UTA Thornton Success Scholarship will be the next step of this significant investment. "At this time of great economic, social, and health imperatives, it is important that we as a university step up and ensure high-achieving students receive the support they need to excel in their chosen fields as they earn their degrees with us.”
The hope is that the UTA Thornton Success Scholarship will help push incoming undergraduate freshman and transfers as well continuing undergraduate students towards the successful completion of a UTA bachelor’s degree during this upcoming academic year and beyond.
Eligible students will have the following profile:
- Preference is given to students that are the first generation in their family to attend college
- All applicants are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and students with demonstrated financial need will be given preference.
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher (UTA, transfer or High School)
- Enroll in full-time status (12 or more hours) for the duration of the scholarship award
- Must be at the undergraduate level
Included in the criteria for awarding this scholarship is a preference for “demonstrated financial need” which requires the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have not completed this form, please go to http://www.uta.edu/fao/ for further information and assistance.
- Financial Aid/Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a first generation college student?
- Have you completed the FAFSA application?
- Are you a full-time undergraduate student?