Dr. Kanwal Z. Haider Honors Scholarship
Ali Haider and Maryam Alam have established the “Dr. Kanwal Z. Haider Honors Scholarship” which awards $1000 to support current active full-time Honors College Students who plan on attending medical school after completing their undergraduate Honors degree from UT Arlington. This scholarship is not renewable.
Eligibility Requirements: Full-time active undergraduate pre-med Honors College Students who are making sufficient progress toward their Honors degree (generally, this equates to at least 6 hours per academic year); 3.2 cumulative GPA.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered or reviewed.
- Honors College
- Supplemental Questions
- In 100 words or less, please state your goals for attending medical school and how it is relevant to your course of study and academic focus.
- How many Honors hours are you currently enrolled in/contracting?
- How many total Honors hours have you COMPLETED?
- In which semester do you intend to complete your Honors Senior Project (i.e. Spring 2023, Fall 2024, etc.)?
- Do you plan to apply for financial aid (by submitting a FAFSA) for 2023-2024?
- Please upload your résumé (2-page maximum). It should include your employment, community service, involvement on and off campus, and any honors/awards. Also note any positions of leadership. Please do NOT list your class schedule or professional references. **DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THIS DOCUMENT!**
- A letter of recommendation from a UTA faculty member (not e.g. teaching/graduate assistants) is needed to complete this application. Please provide the name and email of your UTA faculty reference and we will reach out to them to request the letter of recommendation.
- Show 2 more