Ferne Kyba Fellowship
Friends and colleagues of Ferne Kyba have established a Fellowship Endowment Award for selected students in the University of Texas at Arlington PhD in Nursing Program to provide support for their dissertation research.
The amount awarded shall be based on available funds. It is intended that a doctoral candidate may receive only one award. The award is not renewable.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
§ Must be enrolled in the UTA College of Nursing and Health Innovation (CONHI) PhD in Nursing Science program
§ Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
§ Must have completed all course work for the doctoral degree, be admitted to candidacy, and be ready to initiate their dissertation research
Students who have met the above requirements will be given additional preference for the following:
§ Earned high school, undergraduate or graduate degrees in the State of Texas
§ Intend to continue their practice in the State of Texas
§ Are the first in their family to achieve a graduate degree
§ Have worked in geriatric, hospice, or palliative care nursing
§ Have served on institutional ethics committees
The research proposal packet (a single pdf) must include:
I. Completed application
II. Fellowship attestation signed by dissertation chair
III. Research grant agreement signed by applicant
IV. Research Proposal (see required elements and guidelines)
V. Budget- one-page itemized budget narrative ($1000-$1500) with rationale for each expense
VI. Curriculum vitae of PhD candidate
- College of Nursing
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you enrolled in the UTA College of Nursing and Health Innovation (CONHI) PhD program?
- Are you a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.? This will be verified.
- Have you completed all coursework for the doctoral degree, been admitted to candidacy, and ready to initiate your dissertation research?
- Did you earn high school, undergraduate or graduate degrees in the State of Texas?
- Do you intend to practice in the State of Texas?
- Are you the first in your family to achieve a graduate degree?
- Have you worked in geriatric, hospice, or palliative care nursing?
- Have you served on an institutional ethics committee?
- RESEARCH PROPOSAL PACKET (the following items must be uploaded as a single pdf file)
- Fellowship Attestation
- Show 5 more