University Scholars Endowment
The University Scholars Graduate Degree Fellowship provides scholarship support to qualified UTA Honors College students and UTA Honors College alumni in their first two years of graduate study at UT Arlington. Fellowships will be awarded on the basis of proven academic achievement and potential for completing graduate study.
Fellowship awards are made for $1000 for one year (disbursed as $500 in the fall semester and $500 in the spring semester). Awardees are required to be enrolled in and complete a minimum of six hours at the graduate level in each of the fall and spring semesters. Those students who register for fewer than six hours in their final semester of graduate study may receive a prorated award. The award of a University Scholars Graduate Degree Fellowship does not preclude other financial aid. However, a student will not simultaneously receive the G. Irene and Fernando G. Torgerson Graduate Studies Advancement Fund (Honors Bridge to Graduate School Fellowship) and the University Scholars Endowment. This fellowship is not renewable. Funds will be disbursed to student accounts for the 2023-2024 academic school year.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- must have completed the UT Arlington Honors College bachelor’s degree requirements at the time of application or be on track to complete it, as certified by both their Capstone/Senior Project mentors and Honors advisers.
- must have applied for admission to a UT Arlington graduate program no later than May 1, 2023,* OR be currently enrolled in the first two years of a UT Arlington graduate program.
- must have a conferred bachelor’s degree to be eligible to receive funding.
*Note: The scholarship award is contingent upon admission to a UT Arlington graduate program. Applicants who are not admitted to their intended graduate program will not be eligible to receive the fellowship.
In addition, Honors students may be eligible for advanced admission notice and exemption from the GRE, depending on the graduate program. Honors seniors are encouraged to consult the graduate advisers in their prospective departments as well as the Honors College advisers for further guidance.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
- Honors College
- Supplemental Questions
- In which semester did you/will you complete your Honors undergraduate degree at UT Arlington?
- Enter the title of your Honors Senior Project.
- Have you applied to a UTA graduate program?
- If you have applied to a UTA graduate program, have you been accepted? If no, expected notification date?
- In which semester did you/do you intend to begin your graduate program (i.e. Fall 2023, Fall 2024, etc.)?
- Which graduate program are you in/applying to?
- Do you plan to apply for financial aid (by submitting a FAFSA) for 2023-2024?
- List all scholarships, grants, and fellowships you have been awarded for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- List any additional sources of funding (e.g. parents, work, loans, etc.) that will be applied toward funding your education and the approximate amount for each one.
- Please upload your résumé (2-page maximum). It should include your employment, community service, involvement on and off campus, and any honors/awards. Especially note any experience (e.g. research, internships, etc) relevant to your intended program of study. Please do NOT list your class schedule or professional references. **DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THIS DOCUMENT!**
- Upload proof of acceptance to your prospective graduate program. If you have not yet been accepted, please provide proof of application.
- Submit a 1-page single-spaced essay (12 pt font, Times New Roman) explaining: (***DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN THIS DOCUMENT***)
- Provide the name and email of your Senior Project mentor. An email will be sent to them with instructions to upload a letter of recommendation.
- Please provide the name and email of a second UTA faculty member (not e.g. teaching/graduate assistants). They will be asked to submit a second letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Show 9 more