AP Institute Future Teachers Scholarship
Applicants do not have to be a member of the Honors College to be eligible.
The Advanced Placement Institute Future Teachers Scholarship was established in 2010 to recognize the dedication and outstanding contributions Advanced Placement teachers have made to middle and high school education. At least one award will be made in the amount of $1500 for 1 year, more if funding allows. To be eligible, a student must:
- have a clear desire to teach middle school or high school (while the award will be of particular interest to students in the middle and secondary certification program in the College of Education, students in all majors in the university who aspire to teach at those levels are eligible);
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher;
- be an undergraduate in the junior or senior year at the time the scholarship is awarded; and
- be enrolled as a full-time student during the term of the scholarship (may be waived in the final semester if less than 12 hours are required to complete the degree plan).
- be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
- Honors College
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your résumé (2 pages maximum). It should include your employment, community service, involvement on and off campus, and any honors/awards. Also note any positions of leadership and relevant teaching experience. Please do NOT list your class schedule or professional references. **DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ON THIS DOCUMENT!**
- Submit a 1-2 page (double-spaced) essay addressing the following points: (do not include your name in this essay)
- A letter of recommendation from an individual who knows of your service to education is required to complete this application. Please provide the name and email of the individual for the reference. An email will be sent with instructions to upload the letter.