Bill and Tilley Wasson Endowment for Study Abroad Programs
College of Liberal Arts The Bill and Tilley Wasson Endowment for Study Abroad Programs was established by Wallace Dale Wasson and Kimberly P. Van Noort to provide scholarship awards to assist undergraduate students in good academic standing at the time of application with the expense of participating in a study abroad program. Preference will be given to first generation students who demonstrate financial need. Recipients must be full time students pursuing a degree from the College of Liberal Arts and may not be seeking a degree from the Honors College nor have studied abroad via a UT Arlington program. Award levels shall be determined by the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts or his/her designee.
INCLUDED IN THE CRITERIA FOR AWARDING THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS “DEMONSTRATED FINANCIAL NEED" WHICH REQUIRES THE COMPLETION OF THE FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA). IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THIS FORM, PLEASE GO TO http://www.uta.edu/fao/ FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE.
- College of Liberal Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please enter the name and email address of a faculty member who will write a letter of recommendation for you. He/she will be contacted, but you should personally ask her/him to write the letter.
- Please tell us about the Study Abroad opportunity you would like to take advantage of and why.
- Please write a brief essay describing your experiences both within and outside the university and explain how they have influenced your goals and aspirations.
- Please indicate that UTA is allowed to share your UTA classification (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, post- baccalaureate), GPA, mailing address, and progress towards graduation or other requirement with the funder of the scholarship.
- I understand that I may be contacted by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations to edit my thank you letter or photograph before sending it to the donor.