Blaine T. and Jean W. Williams Endowed Scholarship in Sociology
The Sociology Program invites students who will be a Junior or Senior in Fall 2023 to apply for the Blaine T. and Jean W. Williams Endowed Scholarship in Sociology. The Sociology Program accepts applications for this scholarship in the spring semester. The required application materials include a completed application form, an unofficial transcript, and an essay (details below).
• The award must be used for study at the University of Texas at Arlington.
• Applicants must be a Junior or Senior in the Fall Semester of the same calendar year as the application deadline.
• Applicants can be full-time or part-time students.
• Applicants must be pursuing study toward a degree in Sociology.
• Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
• NOTE: Awardees must attend the Sociology awards banquet at the end of the semester.
• Preference will be given to students who have had an interruption in their education.
• Preference will be given to students who have had to overcome personal obstacles in pursuit of their educational goals.
• The essay must be 1,000 words or less and discuss:
1) Why are you a sociology major?
2) What do you plan to do with your degree?
3) Describe your financial need.
4) Describe any interruptions in your education, and/or personal obstacles you have overcome in the pursuit of your educational goals.
• Applicants can obtain unofficial transcripts free of charge from the Office of Records and Registration.
- $1,500 - $3,000
- College of Liberal Arts - Sociology and Anthropology
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a Sociology Major?
- Will you be a Junior or Senior Fall 2021?
- Write an essay that is 1,000 words or less and discuss: 1) Why are you a sociology major? 2) What do you plan to do with your degree? 3) Describe your financial need. Please remember that preference will be given to applicants who describe an interruption in their education; and/or describe personal obstacles they have overcome in pursuit of their educational goals.
- Please submit an unofficial transcript.