Interdisciplinary Studies Scholarship Fund
Interdisciplinary Studies Scholarship Fund The Interdisciplinary Studies Scholarship was established from gifts of Interdisciplinary Studies alumni to enhance the opportunities for students studying for degrees that span a range of academic fields as well as individualized and custom designed majors. Scholarship criteria: 1) applicant must be of junior or senior standing majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies; 2) applicant must have completed six hours of UTA Interdisciplinary courses and have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better; and 3) applicants must provide a 500 word essay on the value of interdisciplinary studies relevant to the student’s course of study and academic focus.
- Honors College
- Supplemental Questions
- Candidates must also submit two letters of recommendation. These letters can be written by non-family members who are educators, mentors, supervisors, and/or community leaders with significant knowledge of the candidate’s academic achievements and/or community involvement. These letters cannot be submitted by UTA faculty or staff who currently serve on the CAAS Scholarship Committee. This year’s committee includes: Dr. Robert Bing (Chair), Dr. Frederick Engram, Dr. Pamela Fox, Dr. Mia Kirby, and Dr. David Sparks.
- Please provide a provide a 500 word essay on the value of interdisciplinary studies relevant to the your course of study and academic focus.
- Is your cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.2?
- Have you completed 6 hours of INTS coursework?
- Is your student classification junior or senior?