College of Education Become A Teacher Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: $2,500 (disbursed at $1,250 fall and spring semester).
Available to: New, full-time undergraduate students who are “Education Intended” in one of the following teacher education programs regardless of financial need or citizenship status:
B.S./B.A in Interdisciplinary Studies in Early Childhood-Grade 6
• Bilingual Core Subjects*
• ESL Core Subjects*
B.S./B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies Middle Level Grades 4-8
• 4-8 English Language Arts & Reading/Social Studies
• 4-8 Mathematics/Science*
To qualify for this scholarship, an applicant must:
• Be admitted to UTA as an education-intended student
• Have a minimum high school GPA of 2.80 or better
• Enroll full-time (minimum of 12 hours)
• Commit to completing teacher certification at UTA.
• Meet each semester with a designated faculty member in the College of Education (within the first academic year).
• Submit a scholarship application along with a brief written response (paragraph minimum) to the following two questions:
Why do you want to be a teacher?
What life activities or experiences have prepared you to become an effective teacher?
Award will be approved for disbursement once the awardee meets with a College of Education advisor and confirms commitment to completing a teacher certification program.
*Students seeking to complete an educator preparation program in bilingual/ESL education or mid-level math/science also may be eligible to receive up to $3,736 with the TEACH Grant. For more information, see: (https://www.uta.edu/coed/academics/scholarships/teach-grant.php).