College of Education DEAN’S Undergraduate Teacher Education Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: $5,000 annually, renewable for 3 additional years.
Available to: New, full-time undergraduate students in one of the following teacher education programs regardless of financial need or citizenship status:
B.S./B.A in Interdisciplinary Studies in Early Childhood-Grade 6
• Bilingual Core Subjects*
• ESL Core Subjects*
B.S./B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies Middle Level Grades 4-8
• 4-8 English Language Arts & Reading/Social Studies
• 4-8 Mathematics/Science*
Two applicants per year will be selected for this competitive scholarship based upon the following:
• High School GPA
• SAT/ACT Score
• Articulated desire to complete a teacher certification program at UTA.
Students awarded this scholarship will:
• Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.8 or better
• Commit to enroll in and complete their teacher certification program at UTA
• Submit one professional or academic letter of reference
• Submit a scholarship application along with a brief written response (paragraph minimum) to the following:
Describe the moment you realized that you wanted to be a teacher.
What life activities or experiences have prepared you to become an effective teacher?
For annual renewal of this scholarship, awardees must:
• Enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester with a College of Education program (as listed previously),
• Remain in the teacher education program,
• Maintain a 3.0 or better GPA in all coursework,
• Meet each semester with a designated faculty member in the College of Education.
This award will be approved for disbursement once the awardee meets with a College of Education advisor and confirms commitment to completing a teacher certification program.
*Students seeking to complete an educator preparation program in bilingual/ESL education or mid-level math/science education also may be eligible to receive up to $3,736 with the TEACH Grant. For more information, see: