Dr. Bart L. Lewis Memorial Endowed Scholarship
College of Liberal Arts – Modern Languages The Bart Lewis Memorial Scholarship was established by a bequest from the estate of Dr. Bartie Lee Lewis, as specified in his Last Will and Testament. The award(s) is/are intended for undergraduate/graduate students majoring in a Modern Language at the University of Texas at Arlington. Eligibility: full time undergraduate students should have completed minimum of 12 semester credit hours of language courses in the Department of Modern Languages at the University of Texas at Arlington with a minimum overall college GPA of 3.0. OR: Full time graduate students are to have completed a minimum of 12 graduate semester hours in a language at UTA with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0. A two-page essay addressing your appreciation for the study of foreign languages and/or your intentions to utilize your knowledge of a foreign language to positively impact our world; one (1) recommendation letter from a faculty member in the UTA Department of Modern Languages; an unofficial copy of your transcript; a copy of your Financial Aid Statement if receiving financial aid.
- $500 - $1000
- College of Liberal Arts - Modern Languages
- Supplemental Questions
- Please indicate which of the following applies to you. Choose only ONE option.
- Will you be enrolled full time (12 undergrad hours / 9 grad hours / 5 grad hours (summer) at UTA next term?
- Have you completed 12 semester credit hours of language courses at UTA?
- Please list language courses completed at UTA and corresponding final course grades.
- Please submit a copy of your Financial Aid Statement, if applicable.
- Please submit an unofficial transcript.
- Submit name and email address of a faculty member in the Department of Modern Language from whom you have requested a reference.
- Please submit a two-page essay addressing your appreciation for the study of foreign languages and/or your intentions to utilize your knowledge of a foreign language to positively impact our world.
- Show 3 more