Irving Dawson Endowment for Political Science
College of Liberal Arts – Political Science As a means of honoring highly regarded former faculty member and department chair Dr. Irving Owen Dawson, his friends and family created an endowment in his name. The endowment’s objective is to provide academic scholarships for Political Science majors and to help recruit and retain qualified political science students. The Scholarship Advisory Committee makes the ultimate determinations of awardees and amounts. Any UTA political science major may apply. The award may be used for tuition, fees, and books. All awardees will be referred to as Dawson Scholars. All other factors being equal, preference will be given to members of Pi Sigma Alpha and students with a focus in Public Policy/Public Administration.
- College of Liberal Arts - Political Science
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you have a focus in Public Policy/Public Administration?
- The applicant is required to provide two letters of recommendation from persons who can provide information about his/her leadership potential; avoid using instructors that have known you for less than a year. The recommender can be supervisors of past or present jobs, mentors, coaches, scout leaders, or adult leaders of organizations. Professors or teacher are acceptable, but they need to know you well. Please upload the two letters as one document.
- Are you a Pi Sigma Alpha member?
- What experiences have you had to exercise leadership? Please describe how you have been an effective leader.
- Extracurricular Activities - List membership and involvement in student organizations, honor societies, intercollegiate sports and other professional or community organizations.
- Do you have a focus focus in International Relations or Comparative Politics?
- Are you a member of SOPA?
- Please submit an essay outlining your major academic accomplishments; your long term educational and/or career goals, your involvement in learning beyond the classroom through such examples as individualized research, service learning, experiential learning, international education, internships, and the like.
- A letter of recommendation is required. You may hand deliver your letter of recommendation to the Political Science Department or have it emailed to Ms. Kim Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will not be considered complete until we receive it. Have you submitted a letter of recommendation?
- Show 4 more