Edward M. Kennedy Junior-Senior Scholarship Fund
College of Liberal Arts The Edward M. Kennedy Junior-Senior Scholarship Fund was established by anonymous donors in recognition of Edward M. Kennedy’s lifetime of devotion to the cause of education in America and his willingness to work in a bipartisan way in support of the cause.
The scholarship will award a student $3,000.00 over a two year period: $750 four each of the Fall and Spring semesters, beginning with the first semester of the junior year.
1. Completed 2 full years of coursework at any four year institution with a minimum GPA of 3.85
2. Students major must be in the College of Liberal Arts for their junior and senior years
3. Students must complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester to remain eligible
4. Students must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA overall in each semester going forward to remain eligible
5. Students must demonstrate a financial need
6. Payment of the scholarship is not distributed until the end of the semester once grades and minimum hours are confirmed.
7. Students are not eligible if they plan to graduate before the completion of the four semester award period.
2. Brief essay describing the applicants experiences both within and outside the university and how they have influenced the applicant’s goals and aspirations
3. One page resume listing education, volunteer work, extra curricular activities, awards and honors received, and other outstanding achievements
4. Two letters of recommendation from professors
5. The online FAFSA form
The deadlines for this will be the same as all the other ones administered through the Dean’s Office for Liberal Arts.