James D. Spaniolo First Generation Scholarship Endowment
Financial Aid/Scholarships. Applicants must be first generation college students who are either entering freshmen with minimum test scores of 1050 SAT/22 ACT or rank in the top 25% of the high school class or new college transfer students with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 3.0 on a minimum of 24 college transfer hours. Financial need will be a consideration. Recipients are able to renew for up to three years of undergraduate work for freshman and up to two years of undergraduate work for transfer students. Renewing applicants must be full time students, completing at least 12 hours per semester, and must maintain a UTA GPA of 2.80.
- Financial Aid/Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Do either of your parents have a four-year college degree?
- The applicant is required to provide two letters of recommendation from persons who can provide information about his/her leadership potential; avoid using instructors that have known you for less than a year. The recommender can be supervisors of past or present jobs, mentors, coaches, scout leaders, or adult leaders of organizations. Professors or teacher are acceptable, but they need to know you well. Please upload the two letters as one document.
- Write a statement providing information concerning your educational goals and objectives while attending UT Arlington. Discuss your plans for using your education to achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Describe your unmet financial needs and how this scholarship will affect those needs.
- Describe the influences and/or significant events in your life that impacted your decision to go to college.
- What factors in your life will continue to support your commitment to earning a bachelor's degree?
- Additional comments
- Show 2 more